Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Moving On

"Movin' On"



















Visionary Art
Oil on Canvas 5 ' x 7 '


"I decided to post this painting for various reasons. First,
was to show one of my large works and second because
a few people have wanted to see a completed view.
It was commissioned by a collector and friend of mine
for her new home. Usually, when I do a work like this, I
do not have pre-conceived idea. I approach the canvas
with the buyer in mind and start painting but this was
different. The idea for this painting came to me, in a half
sleep, as though I was viewing a movie. It took nine
months to completion. I am happy to say that she loved
the painting and it now takes up a whole wall in her
new home."

3 comments:

naquaiya said...

Fantastic work. I wish I had it on my wall!

Linda Apple said...

In forty years there are only a few that I consider my best major works and this is one of them. I would have liked it on MY wall too! lol
Thanks for your comment and hope you keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

This is exquisite.