Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Time is a Funny Thing - mother & daughter

Copyright © 2009 Linda Apple
"Time is a Funny Thing"
oil on canvas -8"x8" - sold
art museum series

Mother and daughter viewing a Kandinsky painting.
This painting made me think of clocks and time, hence the title.
I know that I have many images that are captured in my mind
of quiet moments that were spent with my mother.
Those moments in time are very special.

Wassily Kandinsky Biography - 1866-1944-(Russian born Wassily Kandinsky is considered as the inventor and theorist of abstract painting in the 20th century. In 1910 Wassily Kandisnky had seen an Islamic art exhibition in Munich - a highly decorative art style that does not allow to show images of human beings. The same year Kandinsky created his first abstract painting.

Please click here to email

If you didn't have a chance to purchase a painting because it was sold and would like me to recreate a similar piece. Just send an email. There is never an obligation.

No comments: